U.S military personnel receive some of the best training in the world. But it’s not always easy to see how someone’s military background applies to the civilian work world. Employers often underestimate the potential that veterans have or overlook them as viable candidates because their qualifications aren’t immediately seen as transferable.
Military spouses also encounter obstacles in their job search because they frequently experience employment gaps when their partner is deployed to a new location.
As a staffing firm, we are ideally positioned to help veterans with their careers. We’ve focused our efforts into what we have named the Robert Half Veterans Initiative, the goals of which are to:
- Provide career resources to veterans and military spouses
- Help veterans identify civilian career opportunities where both their military experience and their technical and soft skills will be understood and valued
- Work with organizations that support the military community
- Train our employees to translate veterans’ specialized skills for civilian employers
- Help our internal staff be more effective at connecting veteran candidates with opportunities for which they are a good fit, either within our organization or at our clients’ businesses
Careers for veterans and military spouses
Find open jobs at Robert Half and our clients' businesses. You can search by military job title or code, and we'll match you with relevant civilian positions.
Robert Half has also established alliances on a corporate level with the following groups, which serve veteran communities around the United States:
- Hiring Our Heroes
- Microsoft Software & Systems Academy (MSSA)
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
Robert Half Veterans Initiative report
Read our report on the Robert Half Veterans Initiative for more information about the support we offer the veteran community.
Transitioning into the civilian workforce
Watch our video to hear veterans tell stories about their own experiences transitioning into the civilian workforce and how Robert Half has helped them find rewarding jobs.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine — Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies (2014-2019)